My Yoga Practice Playlist: "Night Moves"
Yoga and music are the two central passions in my life. I feel both practices ignite our divine heart. Combining them is powerful and can make a good yoga class magical. Here is a playlist I have used in a recent class. I like to mix groove based electronica with recognizable classic and modern artists, a little well known and obscure soul and Motown, and definitely songs that are not traditionally played in yoga classes. I ONLY play music that moves me. It has to come from a real place and music can be a moving element in class. I turn up the volume and encourage students to surrender to the one practice of it all.
I invite you to read my thoughts on the similarities between music and yoga on my website.
1. Knuddlemaus ~ Ulrich Schnauss (Amazon)
2. Hopelessly Devoted to You ~ Olivia Newton John (Amazon)
3. Ena Akhiyan Noo ~ Gaudi and Noosrat Fateh Ali Khan (iTunes)
4. Waiting in Vain (Bill Laswell Remix) ~ Bob Marley (LegalSounds)
5. Canaan ~ Black Dub (Amazon)
6. Annanas ~ Tosca (Amazon)
7. Hanuman Baba (Dub Farm Remix) ~ Krishna Das (YouTube)
8. You Rock My World (DJ Cam Remix) ~ Michael Jackson (MySpace)
10. Tempo Tempo ~ Prins Thomas and Lindstrom (YouTube)
11. Once Upon a Sea of Blissful Awareness (Esionjim Remix) ~ Shpongle (YouTube)
12. Rock in It ~ Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds (Amazon)
13. None Shall Escape the Judgment ~ Ernest Ranglin (Amazon)
14. Satisfied ~ Cee Lo Green (YouTube)
15. Night Moves ~ Bob Seger (YouTube)
16. Raining at Crescent House ~ Williamson (Amazon)
17. That’s How Strong My Love Is ~ Otis Redding (YouTube)
18. Workin' Together ~ Ike and Tina Turner (Amazon)
19. Astral Weeks ~ Van Morrison (Amazon)
20. Om Namah Shivaya ~ Carrie Grossman (Amazon)