9 Easy Moves For Sexy, Toned Legs
I'm a personal trainer and my clients often come to me looking for a killer lower-body workout. Well, here it is! This quick video focuses on working the legs and butt.
Take a few minutes to warm up. Perform each move for about 30 seconds, take a short break if you need it (10 to 15 seconds), then perform the next move. Repeat the entire sequence several times for an excellent sexy legs workout! Remember, always check with your doctor before beginning any new routine.
You can follow along with the video, and if you need more detailed instructions, check out the exercise breakdown below the video.
1. Basic squat: Come into a squat position with legs a bit wider than hip-width apart. “Sit” back until you can bring your thighs as close to parallel to the ground as possible. Keep your chest lifted and engage your butt.
2. Alternating forward lunges: Stand with legs together, hands on hips, and chest lifted. Step forward with the right leg into a lunge position, trying to keep front knee over front ankle. Repeat on the left leg, and continue to alternate.
3. Pile-style squat with overhead press: Come into a wide squat stance and turn the toes out to about 10 and 2 o’clock. Arms are in a “football” goalpost position, with palms facing forward. As you lower into your squat, bring elbows as close to thighs as possible, and as you rise up, engage glutes and press arms overhead. You can add a set of weights for the overhead press if you like.
4. Curtsy lunges: Stand with legs a few inches apart, nice and tall, hands on hips. Step right leg back and to the side into a “curtsy”-style lunge. Bring leg forward and repeat on the other side, alternating.
5. In-n-outs: Stand with your feet together and sit back a bit. Jack legs in and out as quickly as you can. Modification: Take one leg to the side at a time.
6. Donkey and fire hydrant combo: Come onto all fours with wrists underneath shoulders and knees underneath hips. Try to maintain a stable upper body as you drive the right leg up toward the sky (keeping knee bent) back down and then out to the side (fire hydrant, like a dog lifting its leg). Complete one side, take a quick break in child’s pose, then perform with the other leg.
7. In-n-out bridges: On your back, bend knees and move feet wider than hip-width apart. Peel up your tailbone coming into a bridge position, keeping shoulders, neck, and head relaxed and on mat. Open knees as wide as you comfortably can and then close knees together as you engage glutes. Open and close with resistance. When done, lower down bone by bone and hug knees into chest for a little break.
8. Clams: Lie on your right side, head relaxed into your hand and stack hips. Bend knees 90 degrees in front of you and keep feet together as you open and close your knees. Keep body stable and avoid “rocking” around with the upper body. Repeat sequence on one side, stretch, then repeat on other side.
9. Donkey-kick crossovers: Get on all fours, wrists underneath shoulders and knees underneath hips. Bring your knees close together and walk them up a bit underneath your pelvis. Cross the left knee over the right. Extend left leg up toward the sky, engaging glute muscle, keeping knee bent. Lift and lower with control. Repeat reps on one side, take a quick break then repeat on other side.
Do this workout several times a week and you’ll notice more toned, sexier legs!
Check out these additional leg workouts:
Photo courtesy of Adhat Campos
And do you want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.