Advertisement
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.
Close Banner
Advertisement
This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.

3 Reasons It’s Taking So Long to Reach Your Goals

Lloyd Burnett
Author:
August 18, 2015
Lloyd Burnett
By Lloyd Burnett
mbg Contributor
Lloyd Burnett is a San Diego based writer and spiritual teacher. He is the author of The Voice Inside Your Head: How to Use Your Mind to Instantly Create Financial Security & Attract Money.
Photo by Stocksy
August 18, 2015

Does it feel like your journey to success has been dragging on for years? If so, you’re not alone. Many people are on the verge of giving up on their dreams because they’re exhausted and feel like the journey is taking forever.

But before you give up on your goals and intentions, I invite you to check out these three reasons why it might be taking you so long to get where you want to go.

1. Your fears are demanding your attention first.

Reaching your vision of success can be scary if you’re not mentally and emotionally prepared to experience it.

I'll give an example to explain: I once had a client once who was a very gifted painter. Her art was absolutely stunning, but she was experiencing problems getting people to purchase it.

The moment I saw her work, I knew that it wasn’t her talent or the quality of her product that was stopping her from reaching her desired level of success.

It was because her fears were her focus; rather than direct her attention to seeking patrons, she was fixating on feelings of doubt. Through our conversations, she discovered a deep fear of people purchasing her work and then returning it because “it wasn’t as good as they originally thought.”

This fear was causing her to unconsciously engage in behaviors that blocked people from purchasing.

So start by trying to answer this: Are your fears a powerful inhibitor of your success?

I invite you to ask yourself if there are any parts of you that are afraid of being seen, heard, rejected, or judged when you reach your desired level of success.

2. You’re taking the "scenic route."

The scenic route can be beautiful, but it takes a lot longer to get to your desired destination.

From a young age, I knew that I wanted to work as a life coach and spiritual healer. However, I haven’t always been willing to directly step into this career.

So I started off working as a personal trainer, then a health coach, and finally, after years of taking the scenic route and complaining that my success wasn’t happening fast enough, I realized it was because I was walking around my purpose instead of directly into it.

Let me rewind and say that there’s nothing wrong with taking the scenic route. It’s often necessary for you to ease into your potential and gradually awaken to your purpose.

The scenic route can provide you necessary time and space to prepare to fully step into your purpose and allow your idea of success to be fulfilled. But it's important to be aware of where you're stepping, and what you might be detouring in the process.

If you feel you may be taking the scenic route, I invite you to ask yourself: Am I doing something that is close to what I really want to do because I’m not ready to awaken fully to my purpose?

3. Your intentions are coming from a place of lack.

When you set intentions of success from a place of lack and desperation, you may find you receive an even greater sense of lack in your life ... even though you think you’re asking for abundance and success.

For years, my idea of success was buying my mom a new house and taking care of my family financially. It was my driving force to finish college and establish a successful career.

However, it felt like it was taking forever to reach that level of financial success. Every time I felt I was getting close to saving enough, an unexpected bill or shift in my business took place.

After struggling to achieve this level of success, I decided to ask myself a simple question: Why is my idea of success tied to financially supporting my family?

The answer was shocking: I realized that a part of me felt that if I was financially supporting my family, I would finally be worthy of love. I would be a real man and my parents would love me more.

Upon reflection, around these feelings was an energy of lack, a feeling of “I’m not good enough” beneath my intention of success.

Energy is what attracts our circumstances, even if our words seem to contradict them. In other words, I was asking for success, but the energy behind my search was from a place of lack. The result? I was attracting more of the same energy of lack.

If you want to see the energy of your intentions ask yourself, Am I trying to make myself more lovable, worthy, beautiful, or get more approval through success?

When you understand the truth about your journey to success, you have the power to shift what’s blocking you and set your intentions from a place of love so that you can experience them much sooner.

If you feel like it’s not time to give up on your intentions of success and you want to go deeper into what’s blocking you, I invite you to attend a free training on fears and manifestation so that you can take empowered and inspired steps to reach your desired level of success.

Watch Next

Enjoy some of our favorite clips from classes

Watch Next

Enjoy some of our favorite clips from classes

What Is Meditation?

Mindfulness/Spirituality | Light Watkins

Box Breathing

Mindfulness/Spirituality | Gwen Dittmar

What Breathwork Can Address

Mindfulness/Spirituality | Gwen Dittmar

The 8 Limbs of Yoga - What is Asana?

Yoga | Caley Alyssa

Two Standing Postures to Open Up Tight Hips

Yoga | Caley Alyssa

How Plants Can Optimize Athletic Performance

Nutrition | Rich Roll

What to Eat Before a Workout

Nutrition | Rich Roll

How Ayurveda Helps Us Navigate Modern Life

Nutrition | Sahara Rose

Messages About Love & Relationships

Love & Relationships | Esther Perel

Love Languages

Love & Relationships | Esther Perel

Related Videos (10)

What Is Meditation?

Box Breathing

What Breathwork Can Address

The 8 Limbs of Yoga - What is Asana?

Two Standing Postures to Open Up Tight Hips

How Plants Can Optimize Athletic Performance

What to Eat Before a Workout

How Ayurveda Helps Us Navigate Modern Life

Messages About Love & Relationships

Love Languages

Advertisement

More On This Topic

more Movement
Advertisement
Advertisement