If you're not the pumpkin-patch or apple-picking type, a trip to the farmers market can get you into the fall spirit just as easily. While there's plenty of fall produce to choose from, stick to just three on your next visit—that's all you need to make my healthy pumpkin soup recipe.
Pumpkin soup health benefits.
This creamy vegetable soup is also rich in natural fibers, like organic cruciferous vegetables, as well as prebiotic fiber (hello, flaxseed), and probiotics to nourish the gut microbiome.* More specifically, it contains Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains, which have been shown to provide beneficial microbes2 to support GI function.*
Yes, all those benefits with just five ingredients and three simple steps. Here's more on how to make it.
5-Ingredient Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- ½ pumpkin (or butternut squash), peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 to 2 tbsp. mbg organic veggies+
- Optional: Add Himalayan sea salt and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil on top.
- Steam all 3 vegetables together.
- Add to a pot of hot bone broth and mbg organic veggies+.
- Blend together, using an immersion or a standard blender.