A Longevity Dietitian's Favorite Nutrient-Packed Breakfast Recipe
At mindbodygreen, we're big fans of nutritious protein and veggie-packed breakfasts. So when integrative nutritionist Ella Davar, R.D., CDN, shared her favorite omelet recipe, we couldn't resist. While this dish might seem simple, don't underestimate it: Eggs pack a protein punch, while herbes de Provence (a blend that generally includes oregano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, and savory) bring serious flavor.
We added one more nutrient-packed ingredient: mindbodygreen's organic veggies+.
Below, she shares her nutrient- and flavor-packed omelet recipe for you to enjoy.
Omelet With Herbes de Provence
Serves 2 people
- 3 large eggs
- about 1 tablespoon (2 grams) herbes de Provence or dried thyme or basil, crushed, or a large pinch of minced delicate fresh herbs, like parsley, tarragon, chives, and chervil
- ½ teaspoon of organic veggies+
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: 1 cup sliced frozen (or fresh) mushrooms
- Optional: ½ an onion, sliced
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, onions, and mushrooms to the pan first.
- Using a fork, beat the eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the herbs and organic veggies+.
- Beat with a whisk or rotary beater until combined.
- Add the mixture to the mushrooms.