You've got your bar of dark chocolate handy for when those chocolate cravings hit, but why not take it a step further with a decadent adaptogenic chocolate mousse?
The star of this mousse is definitely the antioxidant-rich cacao, but you'll also receive the health-promoting benefits of ashwagandha (an energy-boosting adaptogenic herb), chaga (an anti-inflammatory mushroom that slows the aging process), and pearl powder (a Chinese supplement packed with minerals and amino acids for glowing skin). You might not taste all of these superfoods, but you'll definitely feel their impact.
This paleo, vegan, and gluten-free dessert will satisfy any sweet tooth while also packing in the nourishment that comes with a superfood smoothie.
To naturally sweeten the creamy treat, toss in a spoonful of honey and a handful of figs (or dates!), which will make it taste absolutely heavenly, without spiking your sugar levels.
This peanut butter chocolate meets coconut concoction will also provide an ample dose of heart-healthy fats thanks to the avocado and coconut meat.
Medicinal Chocolate Mousse
- 4 ounces almond milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cacao superfood + protein blend
- 3 chunks of coconut meat
- 3 to 4 dried figs or dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon powdered organic peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha
- ½ teaspoon chaga
- ½ teaspoon pearl powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 tablespoon any flavor of Manuka honey (I used Green Bee Honey!)
- 1 to 2 drops vanilla or hazelnut extract or original stevia
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Pour into your favorite bowls and top with fresh fruit, strawberries, goji berries, granola, and coconut flakes!