20 Simple Ways To Take Great Care Of Yourself

Nutritional Lifestyle Coach By Danielle Eva Pewhairangi
Nutritional Lifestyle Coach
Danielle is a Nutritional Lifestyle Coach and Founder of Optimal Beauty Coaching.

It's never a bad time to focus on taking extra good care of yourself. Therefore, I've designed this plan that focuses on promoting health and well-being. As a nutritional lifestyle coach, this list includes a number of lifestyle choices I advise to clients, along with daily rituals I practice myself. Be prepared to feel better than ever.

1. Drink water all day.

Hydration is the key to vitality and health. It helps promote digestion, improve energy, and keep your skin clear, among other benefits.

Bored of regular water? Try infused water! Some of my favorite combinations are: strawberry and mint, peach and sage, cucumber and basil.

Advertisement

2. Start your day with greens.

Have a green smoothie for breakfast, or try a morning meal that's packed with veggies.

3. Meditate.

Try adding a meditation practice to your day, or try simply sit and focus on the breath for at least 1 to 5 minutes or preferably 15 to 20 min.

Advertisement

4. Relax.

It's time to get comfy! Watch your favorite movie or apply a face mask.

5. Drink a cup of tea.

Teas are filled with antioxidants and are very satisfying. My favorite right now is peppermint or vanilla. If it’s too hot outside for tea, simply make a big batch and place in the fridge for a refreshing drink.

Advertisement

6. Use affirmations.

Write down a few affirmations on a sticky note and place them on the fridge, bathroom mirror, or any place you're sure to see them frequently. Throughout the day, repeat them to yourself. One of my favorites is, “Take action, live with purpose, be grateful.” It helps keep me motivated.

7. Snack on walnuts.

They’ll satisfy you as well as provide you with brain power. How? Walnuts are a prehistoric food and they contain omega-3 fatty acids (which are usually found in fish sources such as salmon). They help stimulate brain and nervous system, plus they're good for heart and gut health.

Advertisement

8. Read what inspires you.

Pick a few articles from blogs and websites that you find inspiring and read them throughout the day. Or dedicate yourself to a new book you've been interested in checking out.

9. Chew it over.

Chewing is essential for optimal digestion. Try chewing each bite 30 times as a goal. Since you’re having such a relaxing day, you can surely make more of an effort towards this today. Chew, chew and chew some more.

Advertisement

10. Eat in peace.

Be in a peaceful place while you’re eating each meal today; physically and mentally. You should make an effort for this every day, but try to at least do it as much as possible.

11. Dream big.

Make a list of your three big goals and three small goals, as of right now.

12. Feeling creative?

Make a vision board! Use magazines or the internet to make a collage of images that remind you of your most important goals and dreams. Look at this board every day. Visualize these goals happening. This is proven to be very powerful. (Oprah actually uses this strategy!)

13. Light some incense.

My favorite at the moment is white sage. (It's very peaceful.)

14. Have a fresh juice.

Try a refreshing juice with carrot, beetroot, celery, ginger and lemon. It's super delicious, and contains tons of vitamins and minerals.

15. Take a bath and spoil yourself with the works.

Use everything! Aromatherapy, bath bubbles, bath salts, and candles. (If using candles, make sure they're non toxic. Look for ingredients like soy wax, beeswax, and vegetable wax.)

16. Enjoy some low-key exercise.

Connect with nature by walking barefoot on the grass or beach (also great for getting your daily dose of Vitamin D), do some yoga, or simply stretch. Endorphins will surface and lift your spirit and immune system higher.

17. Take a nap.

And don't feel guilty about it.

18. Cook for yourself.

Try making a new, healthy recipe you’ve been wanting to try.

19. Laugh

Call your best friend or watch a funny TV show. Laughing is good for the soul and will actually put you in a good (or better) mood.

20. Use lavender.

Put some lavender oil on your temples for a calming, relaxing sensation. It's sure to soothe you and it smells fantastic.

Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.

More On This Topic

How To Create More Happiness
More Health

Popular Stories

Advertisement

Latest Articles

Latest Articles
Advertisement

Sites We Love

Your article and new folder have been saved!