If there is one thing everyone would like more of, it’s energy. Not the edgy stimulated kind that comes from energy drinks and chocolate either.
It’s the natural, free flowing energy that is there consistently all day long that you are seeking.
The kind that supports you to do, be and experience everything you wish to and wake up the next day feeling fresh and ready for the gloriousness of life!
Is this what your energy is like…or does it sound like a distant dream?
Even if you feel like you have enough energy, it’s worthwhile looking at what you “use” to keep yourself going.
Are you drinking caffeinated tea (including green tea), coffee, alcohol and energy drinks? Are you eating sugar, processed food and chocolate? Do you smoke, take drugs or use any other form of stimulation to get you through your day?
Take away the stimulants for a week and see how your body feels. You might feel great…or you might be in for quite the shock at how low your energy is and how exhausted your adrenals are.
Here are eight ways to keep my energy high naturally to share with you. These will give you a tremendous boost to your health and energy, even if you are still using some stimulants.
As your natural energy reserve increases, the desire for stimulation from false and addictive sources will likely decrease and you can experience greater health and energy…without the erratic highs and lows.
1. Hydrate with pure water, ideally spring water. Without sufficient hydration from pure water, you simply cannot expect to feel energised and light. Water is a primary driving force of energy production inside the cells , so even the slightest water loss causes a big drop in energy. Choose the best source of water you can find. Spring water from the source is best (check out my friend Daniel Vitalis’ website findaspring.com), but any form of well purified water, ideally with minerals, will help to hydrate your body.
2. Drink fresh pressed green vegetable juice daily. I have shared the benefits of daily vegetable juice on this blog repeatedly, but I will mention it again because it makes such a huge difference to your energy level. Drinking fresh green vegetable juice hydrates, nourishes and alkalises your cells quickly and thoroughly and it quickly becomes a natural addiction for the feeling of lightness, vitality and energy it provides!
3. Use tonic herbs to boost your energy. I love making tonic herb teas and elixirs (or Alchemy ice-cream) with herbs that balance my body, build my Jing, Qi and Shen, add to my natural energy and provide deep blood and organ support. A favourite for building natural energy without false stimulation is ginseng. It boosts physical and mental energy, increases ability to handle stress, improves metabolism and heightens immune function.
4. Remove or decrease false stimulants in your diet and lifestyle that steal your energy reserves. Start reducing or removing the chocolate, coffee, tea, processed sugars, refined carbohydrates and other stimulants in your diet. First add in the fresh juice, water and tonic herbs for boosting energy and then decrease these at the same time. Your natural energy will become stronger as your body re-balances without these substances.
5. Get into regular colon cleansing. Colon cleansing via enemas or professionally administered colonics will remove excess waste and toxicity from the body, allowing energy to flow more freely through the body and a beautiful lightness. If you are sceptical, simply try it out and see for yourself.
6. Breathe deeply in fresh air daily. Breathing deeply outside where you can take in beautiful fresh oxygen and breathe out toxins will deeply energise your body. Take five minutes outside every day to simply breathe and bask in the glory of nature.
7. Move your body daily. Getting regular movement will dramatically increase your natural energy flow. Sluggishness, heaviness and stagnation will begin to shift, you will increase your oxygen intake and get endorphins flowing. Your energy will be much higher within days of beginning to move regularly. It doesn’t have to be a one hour power sweat session either – simply going for a good paced walk or doing a series of your favourite yoga poses will boost your vitality quickly.
8. De-stress by staying present. If you are focusing on the past or worrying about the future instead of dealing only with what you are experiencing in the current moment, it is likely your stress level will be much higher. Stress instantly depletes your energy…in a BIG way. Continually remind yourself to come back to the present moment. The whirlwind of thoughts creating stress and fatigue will decrease, your focus will increase and you will find your energy quickly rebuilding!