Looking for a wheat- and gluten-free pasta alternative? This spaghetti squash with fresh herbs will definitely hit the spot.
Spaghetti Squash "Pasta" With Fresh Herbs
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tables spoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Pierce the squash in several places with a fork. Microwave whole squash on high for 10 minutes.
- Place whole squash on glass baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until tender.
- Let cool for 5 – 10 minutes, cut in half lengthwise and scrape the insides with a fork to remove the long strands of flesh. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute. Turn off heat and add spaghetti squash, basil, oregano and salt. Gently combine ingredients.
- Divide between two bowls and top with pine nuts and cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy of the author
Dawna Stone is the author of seven books, a business owner, certified health coach, motivational speaker, and creator of the 5-Day Detox and the 14-Day Clean-Eating Program. She has an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. Stone has appeared on the Today show, Martha, MSNBC, HSN, and morning news programs on NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has done speaking engagements for Chobani, Disney, American Heart Association, Mass Mutual, Wharton Business School, Women’s Entertainment Television, PGA Tour, Super Bowl Leadership Forum, Susan G. Komen, and many more.