This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I feel like I need to get back to center. Warming and deeply nourishing, this simple stew will help you feel grounded and get you back on track during this very hectic time of the year. I like to serve it with a side of brown rice or quinoa and top with avocado.
Simple Clean Winter Stew
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce, if gluten-free is not necessary)
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot at medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes (stirring throughout) until onions become translucent.
2. Add vegetable broth and bring pot to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and carrots and simmer for 15 minutes (or until both are tender).
3. Stir in tamari and kale and turn heat down. Allow kale to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper and enjoy right away.