Craving Chocolate? These Gluten-Free Triple Chocolate Brownies Are Just The Thing
These brownies are so satisfying because they get triple deliciousness from cocoa, chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate.
Triple Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 7 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free dark chocolate chips (preferably 67% cacao), divided
- 2 ounces high-quality gluten-free unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 8" × 8" baking pan with parchment paper and lightly oil the sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and water, stir well, and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the oil, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the chopped chocolate, stirring constantly, until the chocolate melts. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the honey and vanilla. Add the reserved flax mixture and whisk to mix thoroughly. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out slightly sticky. Cool in the pan on a rack for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Dawna Stone is the author of seven books, a business owner, certified health coach, motivational speaker, and creator of the 5-Day Detox and the 14-Day Clean-Eating Program. She has an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. Stone has appeared on the Today show, Martha, MSNBC, HSN, and morning news programs on NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has done speaking engagements for Chobani, Disney, American Heart Association, Mass Mutual, Wharton Business School, Women’s Entertainment Television, PGA Tour, Super Bowl Leadership Forum, Susan G. Komen, and many more.