These protein bars are my favorite treat to have on hand. They're fast, easy-to-make, healthy, and oh-so-yummyful! (Yep, that’s a word.)
Being a vegetarian, it can sometimes be hard for me to get enough protein. But not with these tasty bad boys!
Becky’s Super-Lovely, Fun ‘n Healthy Protein Bars
Makes anywhere between 10-20 bars, depending upon how big you cut them
- 2 cups peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 3/4 cups raw honey
- 2 1/4 cups protein powder (chocolate tastes best with this one)
- 3 cups regular oatmeal
- 1 tbls cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 9 x 13 inch pan
- Microwave almond (or peanut) butter and honey until smooth. Stir.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the almond (or peanut) butter and honey. Mix with hands (It’s way easier that way!)
- Press the mixture into the pan and place in fridge. Keep in fridge for at least an hour
I’m a 28 year old sweet 'n sassy redhead who leads a lovely life in Alberta, Canada. My family is crazy, my friends are entertaining and my husband is wonderful. I’m a vegan-living, reality show-loving, yoga-teaching, smoothie-making girl. Sarcasm is my weapon of choice and I adore the color pink. I enjoy anything artistic and writing is one of my favorite things to do. I'm a certified yoga instructor who loves leading a healthy lifestyle and I believe that everything happens for a reason. My husband and I recently eloped in Paris and we are expecting our first baby. Life is lovely!