Kick Off Clean Eating With This Black Bean Detox Burger Recipe
Looking for a way to satisfy your cravings while giving your body a break? Try this recipe for a black bean detox burger, full of plenty essential nutrients but maintaining some delicious flavors!
Veggie Burgers With Black Beans, Brown Rice + Flax
- 3/4 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 scallions, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt + pepper
- 4 pieces bibb lettuce
- couple handfuls of baby arugula
- 1 avocado
- ½ red onion, sliced
- grain or Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 425ºF degrees.
- Pulse ingredients in a food processor until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, form the mixture into four patties, around 1-inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment (this makes for an easier clean up) and drizzle each patty with olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown.