Winter is the perfect time to whip out the chili recipe! Chili balances the colder weather and makes you feel warm and cozy. But some chili recipes can be a hindrance to your weight-loss goals. This vegetarian chili is both delicious and healthy, leaving you worry free!
Healthy Vegetarian Chili
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water (you may add more or less, depending on desired consistency)
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, finely chopped (optional)
Place oil in deep pot over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Add jalapeño, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Bring to simmer.
Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and water. Simmer 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.
Dawna Stone is the author of seven books, a business owner, certified health coach, motivational speaker, and creator of the 5-Day Detox and the 14-Day Clean-Eating Program. She has an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. Stone has appeared on the Today show, Martha, MSNBC, HSN, and morning news programs on NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has done speaking engagements for Chobani, Disney, American Heart Association, Mass Mutual, Wharton Business School, Women’s Entertainment Television, PGA Tour, Super Bowl Leadership Forum, Susan G. Komen, and many more.