As a girl on the go, finding easy-to-make, plant based meals has become a necessity. Whip up this filling vegan (and raw!) dinner in just 15 minutes with simple, wholesome ingredients. It's a perfect go-to dinner on a warm spring or summer night.
Zoodles With Creamy Avocado Pesto
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 cups arugula
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
For the pesto
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 oz lemon juice or 1 lemon squeezed
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Create 'zoodles' with our zucchini using a spiralizer. (if you don't have one a julienne slicer works great as well!)
2. Place zoodles on top of your arugula
3. Slice tomatoes in half, add to bowl.
4. Add avocado, EVOO, garlic, basil, lemon + salt/pepper to a blender. Blend together until thick and smooth. Add on top of zoodles. Top with hemp seeds.
Photo courtesy of the author
Danielle Sobel is a certified health coach through The Institute of Integrative Nutrition and founder of Juice Society, a cold-pressed organic and sustainable juice company based in Austin, Texas. Two years ago Danielle overcame a long battle with chronic migraines and skin conditions through the power of wholesome, organic food and juices. Danielle is a firm believer that what we put in our bodies plays an integral role in how we live our lives. Her approach to wellness is a seamless fusion of mind, body and spirit and she hope to inspire others to find their most vibrant health and happiest self.