Vegan Recipe: Colorful Asian Slaw
Memorial Day is just around the corner, and you know what that means: It's the official kickoff of the summer barbecue season!
While you may have enough to do to get the party started, here is a quick and simple slaw you can put together in under 5 minutes that is sure to grab much attention.
Although it may be one of the quickest things you’ll put together this summer, you’ll appreciate how light and refreshing it is and what a perfect side it makes for many occasions.
- 1 red small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith or any tangy apple, cut into thin strips
- Bean Sprouts, or any other sprouts
- 2/3 cup Vegenaise (substitute for Mayonnaise)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp shredded ginger or ginger juice (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix Vegenaise, vinegar and sesame oil to make dressing. Add ginger or ginger juice if using.
Toss slaw with dressing. Mix well.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with sesame seeds.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.