The method for both versions is the same: 1. Soak cashews in a bowl of water in the fridge overnight, then drain and rinse.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed until smooth and creamy. And now for the fun part!
7 ways to enjoy cashew cream
1. Add sun-dried tomatoes or pesto to the savoury mix and use it as a spread on wraps or crackers.
2. Use it as a base for deliciously creamy soups, like this cashew cream of mushroom soup.
3. Enjoy it as a sour cream or nacho cheese alternative.
4. Add a little oil or vinegar to make a creamy salad dressing. Or try whizzing up a large avocado; 2 tbsp lime juice and ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper with the savory cream and using it as a dressing on a baby potato salad. You’ll be the most popular person at the party, guaranteed.
5. Blend it into decadent and healthy smoothies – like this dreamy Mint Choc ChipSmoothie, pictured above.
6. Use it to make healthy, cholesterol-free ice-cream! This raw red velvet cake ice cream is sure to please!
7. Stir it through a small bowl of frozen berries for an instant summer treat.
Experiment with other flavours and ingredients to create your own variations. The options are endless!