At some point, we all need a moment of peace and quiet to relax, to gather our thoughts and enjoy the calm.
Usually, these are the lazy Sunday afternoons when all the work is done and it's time to enjoy the latest issue of a good magazine, watch a movie, and chat with some friends.
And what could accompany those moments better than a warm cup of cacao milk and a truffle?
Really, nothing beats that!
The raw nut cacao milk recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, soy-free and lactose-free.
And it's delicious!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- Cacao milk
- 2 cups soaked almonds
- 1 cup soaked and pitted dates
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons cacao powder
1. Soak the nuts and dates overnight.
2. Carefully wash the nuts with cold water and pour them in the blender.
3. Add the water and blend until no nut chunks remain.
4. Strain through a nut bag or double lined lint, carefully squeezing all the liquid out.
5. Peel the dates, strain the soaking water and blend until nice and creamy.
6. Pour the milk back into the blender and add the remaining ingredients.
7. Blend for another minute. Warm in the dehydrator or serve cold.
8. Store in the fridge and enjoy at any time. The milk can last for a week.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.