A Simple Halloween Smoothie
Who says Halloween has to be unhealthy? Here is a "Green Goblin" green smoothie that I amped up especially for the holiday, complete with beet "blood" and hemp seed "maggots."
To make the green goblin smoothie base
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 packet powdered stevia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (to garnish)
Blend until smooth and creamy.
To make beet "blood"
- 2 beets, juiced
- Half inch knob fresh ginger, juiced (optional)
- One quarter cup maple syrup or coconut nectar (optional to create thicker "blood" consistency)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.