A Simple Halloween Smoothie
Who says Halloween has to be unhealthy? Here is a "Green Goblin" green smoothie that I amped up especially for the holiday, complete with beet "blood" and hemp seed "maggots."
To make the green goblin smoothie base
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 packet powdered stevia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (to garnish)
Blend until smooth and creamy.
To make beet "blood"
- 2 beets, juiced
- Half inch knob fresh ginger, juiced (optional)
- One quarter cup maple syrup or coconut nectar (optional to create thicker "blood" consistency)
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.