Creamy Cashew Potato & Pasta Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
July 20, 2012
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 pound gluten-free elbow pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup Soy-Free Veganaise
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh dill leaves, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a small stockpot; cover with cold salted water. Cook over high heat, bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and cook until fork-tender, about 8-9 minutes. Remove from heat; drain in a colander and set aside to cool. Cut cooked potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Fill a small saucepan with salted water, and bring to a boil. Add frozen peas; cook according to package, then drain. In a large bowl, combine cooked peas, potatoes and elbow pasta. Set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine Vegenaise, balsamic vinegar and olive oil; mix well to combine. Fold balsamic mixture into potato and pasta salad. Add red bell pepper, fresh dill, cashews, sea salt and pepper; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.