Sugar-Free Coconut Granola You'll Want To Eat All Week
Let's talk about store-bought granola for a second, shall we?
Yes, it's delicious.
Yes, it's crunchy.
And yes, it's often (totally unnecessarily) loaded with refined sugar.
But here's the good news! We've come up with a homemade granola that is just as delicious, crunchy, and clustery as its store-bought counterpart. The best part is, it is sweetened with just one, all-natural ingredient: bananas! That's right. No refined sugar or even honey is needed for this deliciousness.
I highly recommend baking up a batch of this Banana Coconut Granola at the beginning of the week and dividing it into containers for munching on throughout the week. You can serve it with almond milk, oatmeal, with berries in a yogurt parfait or even on its own.
Banana Coconut Granola
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add the mashed banana and coconut oil into the bowl with the oat mixture. Use a spoon to mix ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Press down slightly and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, checking and tossing every 15 minutes. Break up large clusters if necessary. Once the granola is evenly browned and no longer feels damp, remove from oven. (Note: As it cools it will crisp up even more, so do not over-bake.)
- Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container at room temperature up to one week, or store in the freezer for a few months.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.