Ground turmeric is perfectly good, but grated fresh turmeric is even better. It's probably not possible to have a curry every night of the week, so I try to think of other ways to incorporate it into my diet. This one works like a charm.
An Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Breakfast Bowl
Fruity Turmeric Breakfast Bowl
- 1 x 400mL can (1½ cups) coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ banana, roughly chopped
- ½ green apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground or freshly grated turmeric
- 100g (1 cup) strawberries, chopped
- 100g (¾ cup) blueberries
- honey, for drizzling
Spoon the cream off the top of the coconut milk and add the milk below to a food processor or blender with the banana, apple, ginger, and turmeric. Blitz until smooth, then pour into bowls and top with the strawberries, blueberries, and a drizzle of honey.
That’s all it takes—a super-easy way to get that super spice in.
Excerpted from Superfoods Superfast