An Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Breakfast Bowl
Ground turmeric is perfectly good, but grated fresh turmeric is even better. It's probably not possible to have a curry every night of the week, so I try to think of other ways to incorporate it into my diet. This one works like a charm.
Fruity Turmeric Breakfast Bowl
- 1 x 400mL can (1½ cups) coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ banana, roughly chopped
- ½ green apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground or freshly grated turmeric
- 100g (1 cup) strawberries, chopped
- 100g (¾ cup) blueberries
- honey, for drizzling
Spoon the cream off the top of the coconut milk and add the milk below to a food processor or blender with the banana, apple, ginger, and turmeric. Blitz until smooth, then pour into bowls and top with the strawberries, blueberries, and a drizzle of honey.
That’s all it takes—a super-easy way to get that super spice in.
Excerpted from Superfoods Superfast
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.