A Smoothie Bowl Guaranteed To Make You Feel Good
Whoa, is this smoothie bowl pretty or what? Even better, it's filled with some fun superfoods that we don't always get a chance to play with like reishi mushroom, cacao, and mesquite powders.
Try this quick and easy bowl with added superfoods for an immune-boosting, mineral-rich breakfast.
Superfood Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 2 oz. coconut meat
- 8 oz. almond milk
- 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- toppings of your choice
1. Place all items, except toppings, in a blender. Blend till thick. (This should be thicker than a typical smoothie.)
2. Place in a bowl and top with your favorite superfoods! Pictured: cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and chia seeds.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.