A Gorgeous Bowl From Eat Real Food NYC
Heather Cox is the blogger and clean eating advocate behind Eat Real Food NYC. She's all about making beautiful food that tastes as good as it feels in the body. Today she's shared a Choose Your Own Adventure–style bowl recipe that will hopefully inspire you to cook up something similar.
Sunday-Night Leftovers Bowl
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa
This really is whatever you have left lying around in your fridge, roughly chopped. Sometimes I keep a bunch of frozen veg in the freezer for nights like these. For me, it's usually:
- frozen peas
- boiled or fried egg
- piece of fish
1. For base, cook quinoa or rice per instructions.
2. To cook your vegetables, throw a little olive oil into a fry pan or wok over medium heat and add the veggies, maybe a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt. Fry until lightly cooked.
Steam vegetables by adding a tiny bit of water to a saucepan over medium heat. Then add the veggies and a dash of sea salt. Bring the heat up to high and when the water starts to evaporate, cover and let steam for 5 minutes.
3. For a DIY pesto, throw a bunch of leftover greens, a handful of nuts, some lemon juice (as much as you like; I usually use about 6 to 8 tablespoons), olive oil, salt, and pepper into a food processor until mixed together.
4. Throw everything together in a bowl, cover with the dressing, and eat immediately!
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.