A Vegan Spiced Pumpkin-Chocolate Smoothie
The concept of Halloween has changed over the years, the once simple pagan tradition has transformed into a "big business" venture for the sugar industry. In America, Halloween-themed candy, costumes and props account for up to $8 billion in revenue.
To help you kick start a sugar-free Halloween this year, the team at I Quit Sugar have created the ultimate Halloween drink: our Vegan Spiced Pumpkin-Chocolate Smoothie.
Vegan Spiced Pumpkin-Chocolate Smoothie
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- pinch sea salt
Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Photo courtesy of the author