A Vegan Spiced Pumpkin-Chocolate Smoothie
The concept of Halloween has changed over the years, the once simple pagan tradition has transformed into a "big business" venture for the sugar industry. In America, Halloween-themed candy, costumes and props account for up to $8 billion in revenue.
To help you kick start a sugar-free Halloween this year, the team at I Quit Sugar have created the ultimate Halloween drink: our Vegan Spiced Pumpkin-Chocolate Smoothie.
Vegan Spiced Pumpkin-Chocolate Smoothie
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- pinch sea salt
Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.