Make-Ahead Breakfast: Banana-Chia Pudding
- 1 cup cashew milk (homemade recipe below)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. lucuma
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 banana
Homemade Cashew Milk
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for six hours)
- 1 Medjool date
- 4 cups of water
- pinch of sea salt
1. Mix all of the ingredients for the cashew milk in a high speed blender for over a minute, until it's creamy and has a milk-like consistency (this will make up about four cups, and the leftovers can be kept in the fridge).
2. In a bowl, combine the cashew milk with everything except for the chia seeds and mix well. A whisk is perfect for this.
3. Add the chia seeds and whisk for a minute or so to make sure the seeds are spread evenly and aren't clumped up.
4. Let the mixture settle for a minute and whisk again. The pudding should start to thicken at this point.
5. Put into the refrigerator and let set for at least 30 minutes (sometimes, I will make this the night before to eat for breakfast the next day).
6. Slice up the banana and place over the top, sprinkle some cinnamon and voilà! Enjoy!