Vegan & Gluten-Free Triple Coconut Chocolate Cookies
Full of chocolaty and coconutty goodness, these are fantastic cookies to make for friends or family who are wary of vegan or gluten-free goodies.
Triple Coconut Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 15 cookies
For the cookies
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2-3 Tbsp. agave
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the coconut icing
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp. agave
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
For the chocolate sauce
- 2 Tbsp. agave
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax "egg" by mixing ground flaxseed with 3 Tbsp warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, all-purpose flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and salt
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, agave and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients and flax "egg" into large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- On a clean surface, use a rolling pin to roll batter out until it's about 1/4" thick. Use a circular cookie cutter (a jar lid works well) to cut cookie shapes. Transfer cookies to baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until edges are golden.
- While cookies bake, prepare coconut icing by mixing coconut butter, agave and vanilla together. Prepare chocolate sauce by mixing agave and cocoa powder together.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool. Spread a layer of coconut butter on each cookie and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle extra shredded coconut on top. Enjoy!
Want to turn your passion for wellbeing into a fulfilling career? Become a Certified Health Coach! Learn more here.