Vegas is green, sustainable, and now vegan-friendly? Casino mogul, Steve Wynn, who operates Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Las Vegas, is rumored to have gone vegan two months ago, and now has several vegan choices on all his restaurants' dining menus.
David Snyder, executive chef overseeing all Wynn and Encore eateries, tells AOL News about the vegan offerings:
It's printed on the menu now. It's a little more in-your-face that we're doing this. Our chefs took it as a new challenge -- and it definitely has challenges -- but we've found almond milk and things like that work well as substitutes.
Norm Clarke, who's covered Las Vegas for years in his 'Vegas Insider', reports that some of the menu additions include:
- a summer vegetable gratin at Botero,
- risotto with seasonal vegetables at Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare,
- a napoleon of savory tofu with ratatouille and fried eggplant at Tableau,
- watermelon gazpacho with avocado, jicama, tomato, cucumber, cilantro and yucca crisp at The Country Club
- whole wheat pasta primavera at Stratta and grilled royal trumpet mushrooms with creamy polenta and shallot balsamic sauce at SW Steakhouse.
This is a great trend that we hope to see others continue, in Las Vegas and beyond.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.