David Snyder, executive chef overseeing all Wynn and Encore eateries, tells AOL News about the vegan offerings:
It's printed on the menu now. It's a little more in-your-face that we're doing this. Our chefs took it as a new challenge -- and it definitely has challenges -- but we've found almond milk and things like that work well as substitutes.Norm Clarke, who's covered Las Vegas for years in his 'Vegas Insider', reports that some of the menu additions include:
- a summer vegetable gratin at Botero,
- risotto with seasonal vegetables at Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare,
- a napoleon of savory tofu with ratatouille and fried eggplant at Tableau,
- watermelon gazpacho with avocado, jicama, tomato, cucumber, cilantro and yucca crisp at The Country Club
- whole wheat pasta primavera at Stratta and grilled royal trumpet mushrooms with creamy polenta and shallot balsamic sauce at SW Steakhouse.