Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie With Turmeric
Inflammation has a wide range of causes, and is often disguised as anything from weight gain to skin problems, headaches to depression.
Here’s a green smoothie recipe that’s packed with nutrients and ingredients that have anti-inflammatory effects in the body. For a little more substance, try adding in a plant based or brown rice all natural protein powder.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 handful of spinach and kale
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut water and/or green tea
- 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric powder or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- *optional scoop vegan and gluten-free protein powder
- water and ice to blend.
Blend ingredients. Top it with chia seeds and a handful of walnuts. Enjoy!
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.