My Post-Workout Shake: A Pro Triathlete Shares Her Favorite Recipe
As a professional triathlete for the past decade, I've spent a lot of time tinkering with my diet. I've found that a shake with fruit and veggies is a daily must. If I don't get a nutrient blast in my day, I end up filling the gap with a bunch of junk later. So after my first workout, I make a blender-ful of green goodness and drink this throughout the day. It's an easy way to get in the calories and nutrients I need after each training session, before my full meals.
And it's very easy to make! Here's what you need:
- Half a bag of spinach or head of romaine
- 1 large carrot (or handful of baby carrots)
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like berry flavor)
- 1 scoop Tropical Tango Vega Energizing Smoothie
- Cold water
Blend, and enjoy!