Just because you have food sensitivities doesn't mean you have to eat bland desserts! Savor this rich and flavorful gluten-free, dairy-free ice cream recipe.
Vegan Triple Berry Ice Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- berries of your choice for chopping
1. Mix all ingredients in a high powered blender.
2. Chill ice cream mixture for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Pour mixture to ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Photo courtesy of the author
Carrie Vandelac is a health coach and wellness blogger at www.CarrieVandelac.com. She’s on a mission to make whole foods simple and to help people find lasting healing through food. After suffering from ulcerative colitis for seven years, Carrie revamped her diet and is now symptom-free, medication-free, and oh-so-happy. Carrie believes in real food, a good night’s sleep, and laughing until you cry. You’ll find her reading, hiking, belting out a tune, or performing in a local theatre production. Say hi on Facebook, Twitter, or her blog. She’ll give you a warm welcome and tell you that your hair looks nice today.