This Vegan Coconut Loaf Is Like Taking A Bite Of A Piña Colada
Ah, summer. We love you; we miss you; we wish you were here. While winter is still very much in full force, there's no rule that says you can't make your kitchen a tropical, summery getaway.
Enter Red Gate Bakery's Vegan Coconut Vacation Loaf, a healthy take on a sweet treat that'll make you want to book a beach trip, stat. "Dreaming of a warmer place, we settled on luscious coconut bread and studded it with tropical flavors, sure to satisfy all sweet teeth—both vegan and not," says owner and founder Greg Rales.
Here's exactly how you can make the vegan coconut loaf in the comfort of your own kitchen. Vacation vibes are in your future.
Vegan Coconut Vacation Loaf
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 6 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- Combine the coconut milk, crushed pineapple, and coconut oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, flaked coconut, cinnamon, and lime zest in a separate bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just to combine.
- Pour into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Jamie Schneider is the Beauty & Wellness Editor at mindbodygreen. She has a B.A. in Organizational Studies and English from the University of Michigan, and her work has appeared in Coveteur, The Chill Times, and Wyld Skincare. In her role at mbg, she reports on everything from the top beauty industry trends, to the gut-skin connection and the microbiome, to the latest expert makeup hacks. She currently lives in New York City.