Sip On This CBD-Infused Vegan "Bone Broth" To Ease Inflammation & Stress
This Roasted Root Broth is a vegan "bone broth," but you'd never know it. It uses an earthy blend of roasted root vegetables to give this drink a layered, rich flavor, and the resulting CBD broth is mind-blowingly good.
Roasted Root Broth
Yields 1 (1¼-cup) serving
- ½ cup peeled, rough-chopped carrot
- ¼ cup peeled and sliced shallot
- 1 cup peeled and sliced yellow onion
- 2 small cooked peeled beets
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
- 15 milligrams CBD full-spectrum oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add carrot, shallot, onion, and beets to a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast 30 minutes or until vegetables are browned and soft.
- Add vegetables and water to a medium saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain solids using a fine-mesh sieve and discard.
- Add lemon, salt, coriander, and CBD to broth. Stir to combine. Serve while hot or store for later.
- To store, pour into a sealed container and place in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
Excerpted from CBD Drinks for Health by Carlene Thomas. Copyright © 2020 by Simon & Schuster Inc. Photographs by Chris Thomas. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Carlene Thomas is a registered dietitian nutritionist, food and beverage content creator, and spokesperson based in Virginia. She received her B.S. in dietetics from James Madison University and is a registered dietitian nutritionist and a licensed dietitian nutritionist. She and her husband run a food and beverage content creation company that focuses on videography, photography, and stop motion on digital platforms for national brands. On her blog, Healthfully Ever After, she shares a balance of recipes that are simple and healthy with an indulgence a day, exploring more unusual flavors and techniques.