20-Minute Meal: Red Quinoa Salad With Black Beans, Corn + Avocado
Wheat-free, gluten-free, high in protein and low in calories, quinoa is one of the healthiest superfoods you can eat. Another benefit? This salad takes no time to prepare.
Red Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Cook the quinoa. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
3. Add the corn, avocado, tomatoes and black beans to the quinoa and stir to combine. Add the lime dressing and stir gently.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Reprinted from "The Healthy You Diet" by Dawna Stone. Copyright (c)2014 by Dawna Stone. By permission of Rodale Books. Available wherever books are sold.
Dawna Stone is the author of seven books, a business owner, certified health coach, motivational speaker, and creator of the 5-Day Detox and the 14-Day Clean-Eating Program. She has an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. Stone has appeared on the Today show, Martha, MSNBC, HSN, and morning news programs on NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has done speaking engagements for Chobani, Disney, American Heart Association, Mass Mutual, Wharton Business School, Women’s Entertainment Television, PGA Tour, Super Bowl Leadership Forum, Susan G. Komen, and many more.