Raw Breakfast Parfait (It's Delicious & Easy!)
One of the most common requests I receive from my tribe is the wish for a simple, healthy, tasty breakfast.
Well, look no further friends. It's here, and it's fully raw.
Call it a parfait of sorts; this energizing, nutrient-dense breakfast covers all points on the spectrum of living fuel. Take it on the go, save it for bedtime, or enjoy it as an any-time-of-day snack. It's got a kick that'll pump you right up.
Here's what to do:
1. Find a glass jar. If you don't own one, use a plastic one for now, then reuse one from your pantry or fridge (think nut butters, salsa, jams).
2. Find and use the following ingredients:
- oat or buckwheat groats (these are 100% unprocessed grains; fully raw, fully whole, fully nutritious)
- berries (goji, schizandra, golden, acai — have fun!)
- raw chocolate (cacao nibs, powder)
- other fun superfoods to play with (bee pollen, shredded coconut, chia seeds, lucuma or mesquite)
- liquid (water, unsweetened nut milk)
- sweetener (chopped dates, coconut sugar or nectar, yacon syrup, wild honey, green leaf stevia)
3. The night before you plan on eating the parfait, add about 1/4-1/3 cup groats to your jar. Top with milk to cover groats, plus a bit more for good measure, and garnish with superfoods and sweetener of choice. Give it a good swirl and place in fridge.
4. Go to sleep. Don't forget to brush your teeth and scrape your tongue!
5. Wake up, have your morning lemon water, stretch, be grateful, body brush, meditate, set your intentions, and grab your jar on your way out the door (don't forget a spoon).
So easy. So delicious. Bioavailable nutrition. Just throw it all together, pass your time, and bliss out on good, wholesome fuel.
So, what's for breakfast, health gurus?
Rhea Mehta, Ph.D., is a Canadian scientist (PhD, Molecular Toxicology from University of Toronto), social entrepreneur and community builder who has been working in the fields of science commercialization, health data privacy, and lifestyle medicine for over 10 years.
Committed to helping millions of people adopt a healthier and more joyful life, Rhea is the co-founder of Bowhead Health, a privacy-enabled health data capture and sharing platform, co-founder of Reset, a wellness-inspired Canadian adult summer camp and digital detox, and is the founder of Global Smoothie Day, an inclusive movement to inspire health awareness and accessible plant-based living.
Rhea recently entered the psychedelic medicine space to focus on developing transformative therapies for mental health disorders. In her spare time, Rhea practices and teaches meditation and kriya-kundalini yoga from the Himalayan Vedantic Tradition.