This is an absolutely delicious raw, vegan and filling breakfast or dessert packed with chia seeds, bananas and cashews!
Raw Banana Cinnamon Chia Pudding
- 1 cup cashew milk (homemade recipe below)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. lucuma
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 banana
Homemade Cashew Milk
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for six hours)
- 1 Medjool date
- 4 cups of water
- pinch of sea salt
1. Mix all of the ingredients for the cashew milk in a high speed blender for over a minute, until it's creamy and has a milk-like consistency (this will make up about four cups, and the leftovers can be kept in the fridge).
2. In a bowl, combine the cashew milk with everything except for the chia seeds and mix well. A whisk is perfect for this.
3. Add the chia seeds and whisk for a minute or so to make sure the seeds are spread evenly and aren't clumped up.
4. Let the mixture settle for a minute and whisk again. The pudding should start to thicken at this point.
5. Put into the refrigerator and let set for at least 30 minutes (sometimes, I will make this the night before to eat for breakfast the next day).
6. Slice up the banana and place over the top, sprinkle some cinnamon and voilà! Enjoy!
I am a full time Bikram Yoga teacher that lives in Perth, Australia. I developed compartment syndrome and fibromyalgia in my teens, and being gluten and lactose intolerant, have spent a large part of my years being in constant pain and suffering from digestive issues.
Over the past 10 years, I've shifted to a mainly raw plant based diet, explored alternative modalities of healing therapies and realised that being well and healthy is a way of life. I discovered yoga 4 years ago and have been teaching Bikram yoga since 2011, in the US and Australia.
I truly believe that we all have the power and the capabilities to heal our own bodies, to nourish the spirit and seek our own happiness and life's purpose.