How To Make A Dreamy Chocolate Collagen Frappe That's Actually Good For You
Who doesn't like a cool, refreshing sip in the summer? This healthier take on the traditional frappe is just as rich and decadent: With ingredients like coconut cream, collagen, and creamy oat milk, you're bound to have a blended drink of dreams (whipped coffee, who?).
beauty & gut collagen+
The one-step beauty routine for youthful skin, healthy hair & strong nails.*
It boasts some promising beauty benefits, too, making this frappe a triple threat: It delivers on simplicity, taste, and skin-healthy ingredients.* After all, collagen supplements have been shown to support skin hydration and smooth the appearance of fine lines by supporting your cell's fibroblasts (or what makes collagen and elastin naturally).* Not to mention mindbodygreen's beauty & gut collagen+ contains far more than the collagen peptides, such as hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, E, biotin, turmeric, SGS, and L-glutamine.*
The chocolate option, however, is particularly lovely for coffee blends. Here's why: This contains two key plant ingredients—organic cocoa and organic monk fruit—for subtle sweetness and rich taste. It's a decadent flavor, without tasting too saccharine.
Feel free to get creative with the proportions in this recipe, depending on how strong you like your coffee. Sweet or strong, your chocolate collagen frappe is up to you! Below, you'll find a general guideline:
Chocolate Collagen Frappe
- 1 cup chilled coffee (this will come out best if you brew your coffee in advance!)
- ¼ cup milk of your choice (I like oat milk, but almond, coconut, or cow's milk will all work)
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups ice cubes (if you like your frappe frothier, use more ice cubes!)
- 1 scoop mbg beauty & gut chocolate collagen+
- If the above blend doesn't taste sweet enough, you can add additional sweetener (like monk fruit extract or coconut sugar) to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth—enjoy!