This 6-Ingredient Cozy, Savory Oatmeal Is Full Of Sneaky Skin-Supporting Nutrients
Add a delicious, veggie-packed, and beauty-enhancing twist to the ever-classic warm oatmeal recipe.
On cooler mornings, this savory breakfast dish is comforting and nutrient-dense, with vitamins and fiber coming from the shredded zucchini, as well as a boost of protein your skin and gut will love from mindbodygreen's grass-fed collagen+ powder.* Along with hydrolyzed collagen peptides, which have been shown to support skin hydration and smooth the appearance of fine lines, the formula has hyaluronic acid, sulforaphane, vitamin C, and vitamin E to enhance those skin-healthy benefits further.*
grass-fed collagen+ (unflavored)
The one-step beauty routine for youthful skin, healthy hair & strong nails.*
Plus, as a dietitian, I always advocate for trying to get a head start on your vegetable intake by getting at least a serving in the morning. But with the cooler weather, smoothies (an easy way to get veggies first thing in the morning), might not be as appealing.
If you've been looking for ways to add variety and vegetables to your mornings, look no further! This easy brekkie may just become a staple.
Cozy Collagen-Zucchini Oatmeal
Yields 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup grated zucchini (skin on)
- 2 scoops mbg's grass-fed collagen+ powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Combine the oats, nut milk, water, zucchini, and salt, and heat until simmering.
- Stir, then simmer on low for another 3 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
- Turn the heat off, let sit for 1 minute, then stir in the collagen powder.
- Divide between two bowls and add your favorite toppings; for this savory dish, I recommend Parmesan cheese, a fried egg, or edamame.