Make This Classic Guacamole For Any Get-Together (Or A Solo-Snack)
It’s no secret that avocados are one of my favorite foods; and guacamole is my go-to snack. Pair it with flax chips or homemade corn tortilla chips to keep it extra healthy. This recipe is sure to impress at social get togethers—but it's also great (in a smaller serving) as a healthy snack for one.
- 2 hass avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa (of your choices)
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place the scooped avocado in large bowl.
- Add salsa, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, garlic, sea salt and chili powder
- Mash the mixture with a spoon or potato masher (for more a more chunky guacamole, cut the avocados with a knife, then mash and mix with a spoon.)
- Serve with corn tortilla chips or flax chips
- To enjoy the guacamole cool, refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving
Dawna Stone is the author of seven books, a business owner, certified health coach, motivational speaker, and creator of the 5-Day Detox and the 14-Day Clean-Eating Program. She has an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. Stone has appeared on the Today show, Martha, MSNBC, HSN, and morning news programs on NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has done speaking engagements for Chobani, Disney, American Heart Association, Mass Mutual, Wharton Business School, Women’s Entertainment Television, PGA Tour, Super Bowl Leadership Forum, Susan G. Komen, and many more.