A Detoxifying Beet Salad For Spring
Spring is a popular time to detox from winter's heavy and comforting foods. However, if juicing and smoothies aren't your thing, this salad provides a great alternative. It contains many of the elements of a detoxifying juice or smoothie, but with a bite to chew on. Not only is it quick and simple — with no juicer or blender to clean, it also provides your taste buds the great satisfaction of texture and crunch.
- 2-3 beets
- 1/2 medium-size red cabbage chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 small green apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 or 2 Meyer lemons
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
1. Boil a pot of water and place the beets in the water. Let boil for 10-12 minutes until beets are cooked. Let cool.
2. Peel and slice beets.
3. Mix all ingredients and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may also add cumin powder for added flavor.
Preeti Gundecha is a busy mom, a wife and a health enthusiast who has learned the importance of proper health and nutrition while trying to heal from severe illness. She is a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach who is passionate about sharing her learning and her life’s experiences to help others. Her philosophy is: there is more to good health than what you eat. Health is the nourishment of the mind, body and soul, and finding your unique balance in between. When you put your heart to it, anything is possible, including great health! Just remember to take it one step at a time.
To learn more about Preeti’s journey, connect with her via Facebook or through her website.