I always try to inspire others to cook and eat foods that make them feel good. One of my favorite ways to supercharge anything is to add a supplement powder, like mindbodygreen's grass-fed collagen+. I love how unique and nutrient-dense of a formula it is: It's a gut-healer, protein powder, and skin-enhancer all-in-one.*
Adding a collagen supplement powder to what I'm baking means that I am automatically making it better for my gut—and my skin.* I always pay attention to gut health because of the impact it has on mood, digestion, immunity, and so much more. But I'm interested in collagen's beauty benefits, too.* Collagen is probably most well-known for how it supports the skin, but as someone who has experienced stress-related hair loss, I care about how it enhances my hair health as well.* It's really important to me to nourish my hair from the inside so that it stays strong and shiny.
grass-fed collagen+ (unflavored)
The one-step beauty routine for youthful skin, healthy hair & strong nails.*
I take my ingredients—and my supplements—seriously. I pay special attention to the quality and sourcing of foods I use. That's why I was so impressed that mbg developed their products with Thorne, the clean supplement brand trusted by health care practitioners. It also goes through four rounds of testing and is Whole30-approved.
I've been baking a lot these days—comfort food, anyone?—and this collagen powder banana breakfast bread is made with simple, nourishing ingredients and supercharged with grass-fed collagen+. The recipe is gluten- and dairy-free, low in sugar, packed with healthy fat and fiber—and an added dose of amino acids and antioxidants thanks to the grass-fed collagen+. With breakfast, as a snack, or a treat, you can know you're not only comforting for your body, but you're taking care of it too.
Collagen Powder Breakfast Banana Bread
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. mbg grass-fed collagen+
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup very ripe bananas (about 2 small to medium bananas), mashed
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar (can omit for a naturally sweetened version)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Dark chocolate oat & seed mix:
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. oats
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl whisk almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, mbg grass-fed collagen+, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and mix together with sugar (if using it). Add in eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour dry ingredients into the large bowl containing the other ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, and top with dark chocolate oat and seed mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning too quickly.
- Remove bread from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Once bread is cooled, cut and enjoy!