72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Limiting the amount of products you bring into your home will not only cut down on costs at the grocery store but will keep you and your family healthier. Below is a list of some common uses for seven household products. Add some drops of essentials oils like lavender, rose, or sweet orange to any of them for extra pleasure!
Here are a few more tips to help you go green and save money!
- Cut up old bath towels. Reuse these as rags for cleaning your house rather than paper towels, which are expensive and contribute to 3,000 pounds of waste in landfills each day.
- When you grocery shop, leave your list at home. Instead, fill your basket with local, seasonal, and organic items that are on sale that week. Once you have your fruits and veggies, you can start to plan what other items you might need for the week.
- Stock up on staples when they are on sale. Some ideas: look for jars of organic pasta sauce, condiments, and, frozen organic veggies or fruit.
- Purchase things in bulk like quinoa, granola, beans, nuts, seeds, and dried herbs.
- Cook up large pots of grains and beans then divvy them up smaller portions to freeze for later meals.. Staples that work well: quinoa, brown rice, black beans, and kidney beans.
- Prep veggies on Sundays. You can wash, chop, blanch or steam them.
- Invest in a high quality blender. This will allow you to make your own nut butters, almond milk, oat flour, soups, dips, and smoothies. Choose one with at least a 5 year warranty.
- Limit the amount of beauty products you use daily. Keep your routine simple!
Cortney Harden, MSW, RH is the owner of Mindful Wellness and is passionate about helping others explore their own personal power. Cortney offers affordable mind-body services to help you reach your wellness goals. Based on the Island of Oahu but also offering virtual sessions, her approach is to help you make mindful actions that are in line with your personal values and commitments to self. She believes everyone has the right to create a healthy and balanced life that is meaningful to them. Schedule a Free Consultation today!