- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed well
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey or coconut nectar (to make sugar free you can use stevia, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for greasing baking dish
These grain- and gluten-free brownies are guilt free and packed with protein. You can't even tell that they're made of chickpeas, and your kids will love them!
Makes 15 brownies.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease baking dish with coconut oil.
In a food processor blend together all ingredients except chocolate chips until smooth.
After mixture is smooth, fold in chocolate chips.
Pour mixture evenly into a baking dish, place in the oven and cook for about 30-35 minutes until you can pull a fork out cleanly.
Remove from oven and let cool until cutting into squares.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge!