These grain and gluten-free brownies are guilt free and packed with protein. You can't even tell that they're made of chickpeas, and your kids will love them!
Simple Grain-Free Brownies
Makes 15 brownies
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed well
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey or coconut nectar (to make sugar free you can use stevia, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for greasing baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a food processor blend together all ingredients except chocolate chips until smooth.
- After mixture is smooth, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture evenly into a baking dish, place in the oven and cook for about 30-35 minutes until you can pull a fork out cleanly.
- Remove from oven and let cool until cutting into squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.