How I know it’s time show my kidneys some love:
I’ve had a crazy work week and wake up more tired than when I went to bed. I’ve been stressed and in a fearful place about something which forces my adrenals (those little hormone pumps that sit atop of the kidneys) to shift into overdrive. Maybe I had an extra cup of coffee (or three)... I’ve been using that concealer strictly for those dark, dark circles, and blame my lifeless hair on that new silly, overpriced shampoo.
The craving: Salt
Make the switch:
1. Give yourself a hug, breathe, and say this mantra 100 times throughout your day: Only beautiful, loving things occur around me and within me.
2. Drink warm water every morning with a dash of your favorite flower essence (I love Bach’s Rescue Remedy). Inhale the steam as you’re pouring it into your cup and say your mantra!
3. Put on a nice song and listen to it while you get ready. I’m loving "Ram Ram" by The Deer Tracks. It’s calming and helps make my day much more beautiful.
4. Use Himalayan Salt instead of table salt (be sure you're getting your iodide elsewhere!).
5. If you’re like me when you’re stressed, you’ve probably been snacking on kidney-killing foods like french fries and potato chips. Since your kidneys are freaking out, you’ll need to incorporate more magnesium-rich, hydrating foods. Eat more of the following to give your kidneys a BIG ol’ bear hug.