What is Ghee and Why Should I Care?
Ghee is a form of butter that is an integral part of traditional Indian cuisine. It is clarified butter, which means that the water and milk solids (mostly proteins) have been boiled off, leaving just the rich, golden butterfat.
Ghee can be part of your nourishing lifestyle, too! Just make sure you choose the high-quality organic version, made from pasture-fed cows. Look for ghee in your local health foods store, or order online!
Top 5 Reasons to Love Ghee
1. Ghee is free of casein and other milk solids. If you're intolerant to butter, try ghee! It’s a healthy alternative to health-depleting vegetable oils. A high quality product is a great source of healthy fats to incorporate into your diet.
2. Ghee is great for cooking because the fatty acids are stable at high temperatures.
3. Ghee stimulates the production of stomach acid, increases the absorption of other nutrients, and is very supportive for acid reflux, ulcers, and other digestive complaints.
4. Ayruveda teaches us that ghee may be beneficial for balancing lipid levels, promoting learning and memory, strengthening the immune system, and warding off pathogens and cancer.
5. Ghee is packed with flavor and a fantastic way to complement your autumnal meals!
Remember, as with any product from an animal, make sure your ghee comes from organically raised and properly nourished animals.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.