Smoked Paprika Asparagus Penne (Gluten-Free)
This easy-to-make pasta is gluten-free, vegetarian, and packed with superfoods:
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 pound gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 4 ounces goat cheese, broken into pieces
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast macadamia nuts, stirring often, until golden, approximately 3 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions, add asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain; return pasta and asparagus to pot. Toss with goat cheese, scallions, lemon zest, parsley, paprika, sea salt, pepper and toasted macadamia nuts.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.