1. Fill and boil a kettle of water and get all your ingredients out. You'll need two heatproof mixing bowls with a plate that fits on top.
2. Once the kettle has boiled, put the noodles into one of the mixing bowls and cover with boiling water. Leave to sit, covered with a plate.
3. Peel the ginger and grate into the other bowl, then add the creamed coconut, white miso, sesame oil, soy, and star anise. Very finely slice the scallion and the chili and add most of them to the bowl. Shred the greens, cut the zucchini into thin slices, and slice the sugar snaps. Add them all to the bowl.
4. Once the noodles have had 3 minutes, drain them and add them to the bowl of green veggies. If you're making the soup for lunch later, layer everything into a screw-top jar and finish the recipe when you're ready to eat. Reboil the kettle. Pour over hot water from the kettle until the noodles and veggies are just covered, and mix well.
5. Garnish with the remaining chopped scallion and chili, a little basil or cilantro, and the toasted sesame seeds.