Spice Up Your Sad Desk Lunch With This Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad
We're always on the search for main meal-worthy salads. We're sharing some recipes from Leon's (a fast and healthy London-based restaurant chain) new cookbook, Leon Happy Salads, that definitely fit the bill.
A rich, simple salad. Make double the amount and take it into the office to be the envy of your desk cluster.
Middle Eastern Spiced Quinoa Salad
- 200g (7 ounces) cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 100g (3½ ounces) cooked edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a pinch of sumac
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill and mint
1. Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the dressing and toss it with the salad. Season well.
Tips to cook quinoa well:
- Always rinse in lots of cold water and drain well. Leave to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Toast quinoa first in a little oil over a medium heat before adding the liquid.
- Add 1½ parts liquid to 1 part quinoa. Chicken or veg stock can be used.
- Cook for 15 minutes and leave for 10 before fluffing up.
Excerpted from Leon Happy Salads.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.