Banana Nice Cream Sundae For All Your Dessert (& Breakfast) Needs
Perfect for cooling off in the hotter weather, tastes delicious, is very nutritious, and even counts for one of your servings of fruit in a day. Bonus!
Leave yourself approximately 2 hours to freeze the bananas before you plan on eating this.
Banana Nice Cream Sundae
Makes 1 tall glass or 2 small glasses
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter (or another nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon pure ground vanilla pod powder
- chopped nuts
1. Slice the bananas into coin shapes and place into a bag in a single layer then place into your freezer for approximately 2 hours.
2. Take out the bananas and put them, along with the milk, into a food processor and blitz until they go creamy/smooth. Remove half the mix; this will be the banana layer.
3. For the chocolate layer, add in the cacao, vanilla, and nut butter, then blitz again for a few seconds until combined.
4. Pour into glasses in layers and top with whatever you desire, e.g., berries, chopped nuts, coconut etc.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.