Avocado naturally gives a nice flavor to mint ice cream, and a handful of chocolate chips makes this ice cream even more fun to eat.
Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 (14-ounce/400-ml) cans full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 5 to 7 tablespoons rice syrup or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 large handful of fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) raw cacao nibs (or unsweetened chocolate chips or grated raw chocolate)
Open the coconut milk cans and scoop the thick white cream into a blender. Add avocados, rice syrup, peppermint, and fresh mint, and blend until smooth. Add the cacao nibs/chips and stir with a spoon.
With an ice cream maker:
Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and prepare the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve right away or transfer to a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze until ready to be served. Let the ice cream thaw for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Without an ice cream maker:
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and freeze for about three hours, mixing well every 30 minutes. Scoop into bowls, serve, and enjoy!